Sunday, July 12, 2015

Geekery--Ocarina of Time Edition (Intro to My Zelda Obsession)

"Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water's surface reflects growth. Now listen to the Serenade of water to reflect upon yourself." -Sheik

So, from my previous post that began my gaming tab here on my blog, I mentioned my love for The Legend of Zelda

I didn't go into extreme detail, but if you are looking to feel some nostalgia and get the urge to pull out your N64, this post is for you. 


Seeing that I was two years old when my favorite Zelda game The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina
of Time was released, I didn't get to enjoy it in 1998 like the rest of you cool cats born before 1990. However, I did eventually play it when they came out with it on the Wii eShop. I believe I played it in the year 2008...so about 10 years after it came out.

Ocarina of Time was not the first Legend of Zelda game I played. Actually, my Zelda adventures started on my trusty GameBoy SP playing The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap. It was then that I knew I completely was invested in this gaming franchise. But alas, this post is not about Minish Cap (comment, tweet me, or talk to me on tumblr if you'd like to hear my opinions on it in it's own post though!)

 There is so much that I love about Ocarina of Time, and there aren't enough words in the world to express all of my sentiments toward this game. It truly changed my life, and I'm not trying to be cliché in saying so. Everything from the art, to the gameplay, to the music inspires me.

For the next few gaming posts, I will be specifically covering three categories for Ocarina of Time: Music, Gameplay, and my Final Thoughts on the Game. In my personal opinion, there is so much that can be learned from playing selections of The Legend of Zelda series and I would love to share my ideas and thoughts with you all. I was always inspired to explore deeper into the lore of the Hylians, and I hope to share this inspiration with you as we continue with this topic next week!


That is all for now, lovelies! 
Check back next week for the first topic: Music of Ocarina of Time!
Don't forget to chat with me about your favorite Zelda games via my twitter, or talk to me on tumblr!


No comments:

Post a Comment