Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Who Do You Want to Be?


Reflection: a thought occurring in consideration or meditation. 

Something so easily understood via definition, yet so complex when we actually sit down to meditate on our lives. 

Where are you going in life? 

What steps are you taking to achieve your goals? 

Are you allowing yourself time to slow down and think? 

Inspiration can reveal itself to you at any timeIf you create an atmosphere that invites creativity and inspiration in, you'd be amazed at what ideas will come pouring out to you. I believe that the individuals who allow this atmosphere for themselves are some of the most beautiful people because their aura is infectious

Today, I want to talk about some reflection I've been doing in preparation for going away to college in a week. Hopefully this will inspire you to do some reflection of your own!
In my post Finding Time to Relax, I talked about ways to create an atmosphere of relaxation. I think this is a crucial step to meditating and reflecting. I like to turn on ambient music, make some tea, pull out a journal and clear my mind of everything else. 

Lately, I've been thinking about who I want to be. I know it's a topic that easily can become overwhelming but I think I've needed to do some reassessing with my life. I've been going through a tough time, and doing these reflections has unearthed things I thought I wouldn't have to feel or deal with again. This was something I expected, but dreaded simultaneously. 

I'm here to tell you it's perfectly okay. I'm slowly healing, and it's making me a better person because of it. Those who have a grounded sense of who they are as an individual stay ahead of those who don't. People notice that kind of confidence. 

I'm not saying you need to know what job you're going to have or what car you'll be driving in ten years, but you should know what you stand for and what your strengths and weaknesses are. 

I want to be someone who inspires others. 
I want to be someone who loves herself and all of her flaws. 
I want to be someone who works hard for what she aspires. 
I want to be someone who can forgive not only herself, but others as well. 
 I want to be someone who doesn't forget why she loves her passions. 
I want to be someone who is unapologetic about who she is. 

Don't be afraid to take a step back and mend your heart. Forgive yourself for the times you didn't show yourself love, and learn from those experiences. 

I suppose I wanted to write this post so that I can be accountable with myself and you, the reader. I want to be able to look at this during the semester and remind myself of who I want to be. 

If you'd like, we can be accountable to each other about the things we will be doing to better ourselves! We can chat about your goals, or things you're going throughjust tweet me or talk to me on Tumblr

Remember, LOVE YOURSELF. There is and will only be ONE YOU. 
xx

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your new journey at college! In a couple of weeks, I'll be starting postgraduate study and I've been going through some similar thoughts and emotions. It's the first time I've stopped and had time to take stock and plan my goals and allowed myself to be content and happy since I lost my Dad two years ago.

    Sometimes life's events just snowball and you get taken along for the ride. It's lovely to be in a place of quiet reflection, some changes made and some still to go, on the way to what I want to achieve.

    Here's to a happy, successful autumn for both of us! :)

    Michelle -x-
    www.sugardustandstarlight.co.uk

    ReplyDelete