Wednesday, July 22, 2015

E.l.f Cosmetics Haul!


I don't claim to know everything about makeup, but I do enjoy wearing it and applying it! 
I believe makeup is an art form that goes unrecognized, and as I have stated in my about me tab I am a connoisseur and advocate for all forms of The Arts. 
A couple of days ago, I received my E.l.f Cosmetics package in the mail full of the goodies I purchased! Want to see all of the products? Let's get into it, shall we?
I've loved E.l.f products for a very long time. I couldn't believe how affordable it was when I first found their makeup, because it doesn't function like "cheap" makeup!

Recently I've been really getting into learning about applying makeup, and what tools to use. I love feeling put together and polished! So, I purchased* a couple of basic items from the E.l.f website and I tried them out yesterday (I did my whole face with E.l.f products) to show you all here today!


Here is my whole haul. I got two Lip Liners, a Matte Lip Color, Concealer, HD Blush, a Blending Sponge, and a Moisturizing Foundation Stick--PLUS, E.l.f was giving a free gift in each online purchase, so I was expecting just one Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick, but I was pleasantly surprised to find two in my package! The card said they were including two--one fore me and one for a friend. How lovely!


Here are the Lip swatches! From top to bottom the colors are the Matte Lip Color in the color Berry Sorbet, the Lip Liner in the color Bitter, and the last one is the Lip Liner in the color Bark. When I tried these, I wore the Matte Lip Color with the Lip Liner Bitter and they matched beautifully





In this next swatch, (from top to bottom) I included the Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in the color Midnight Rendezvous, the HD Blush in the color Showstopper, the Concealer in the color Tan, and the Moisturizing Foundation Stick in the color Coffee.

The Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick has a very pretty shimmer in it as well! 


This HD Blush is very pigmented. I experimented with it today, and you have to be very careful about how much you use because it can easily be too much! (I don't want you lovelies to look like you're wearing clown's rouge! I care about you!) You need very little to get the full effect of this pretty color. 


I purchased this Concealer with the intent of also using as a highlighter--and let me tell you, it's exactly what I needed! It's about a shade an a half lighter than my skin tone, so it works perfectly. It's also super creamy and blends very well!

Now, I did not did not get this to act as my foundation--although I am fully convinced it could do the job! I bought this so that I could use it as a dark contour color! It's a little less than a shade darker than my skin tone, but it was the darkest shade that E.l.f carried. Had there have been an even darker color, I probably would have purchased it instead...but it works very well nevertheless! This is also very creamy and blends very well!

And here are some pictures of my fully E.l.f Cosmetics face:




Hope you enjoyed this post! Comment, tweet me, or talk to me on tumblr about your favorite E.l.f Cosmetics products, or with some suggestions on some new ones that I should try!
 xx
(*I purchased all of these products with my own money and my opinions are my own!)

No comments:

Post a Comment