Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Music Mondays (on a Tuesday) ♡


(ps, that's me^^) 
So silly post title aside, this is something I'd like to do every Monday...although today it falls on a Tuesday! 

I've grown up around music my whole life--my parents are both musicians in a band that my dad started and you can listen to some of their music here. (Shameless plug for my parents, sorry!)  Anyways, I've been surrounded by many different genres of music...everything from old school Country to Broadway Showtunes, to Rap, to Classical. Through this influence from my parents I began to learn what I appreciated as a musician. Also, if you'd like to hear me sing, you can click here for my Soundcloud, or go to the link in my page bar! 


Since I am studying Music in school, I'm around it constantly. I spend most (if not all) of my time in the Music Department, and I have made many friends within that department. These friends have shown me the music they are into and it has added to my musical exposure! 


Anyways, to the point of this post--every week, I'd like to put my Spotify playlists on shuffle and show you the first ten songs that come up. Since I have an array of musical interests, I figured it could be pretty interesting. I will add in the YouTube link so you can enjoy them as well!


Here we go! This is from my "Chillin" playlist. 

1. I Can't Make You Love Me/Nick Of Time by Bon Iver --one of my favorites. It's so passionate...and simply beautiful. 

2. Big Jet Plane (feat. Dabin) by Daniela Andrade -- I have recently been obsessed with Daniela and her covers. Her voice is so sweet and lovely!

3. Candles by Daughter-- such a soothing voice! 

4. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack  --what a classic, need I say more?

5. Mountain and the Sea by Ingrid Michaelson-- Ah, one of the first Ingrid song's I'd ever heard by her, and I've followed her music ever since! 

6. Portugal by Walk the Moon--Of course, some indie pop has to be thrown into the mix!

7. Like a Star by Corinne Bailey Rae-- Corinne Bailey Rae, ah her voice! 

8. Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap-- such a deep song! I love all of the intense harmonies. 

9. Lost and Far From Home by Katie Costello-- Okay, so there is a little bit of a story behind this one! My guilty pleasure tv show is Switched at Birth...(I know, I know...but it's a great show!) and on one episode a different Katie Costello song (you can listen there!) and I fell in love with her voice! For some reason, I really connect to this song. 

10. Cant Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon-- What a classic rock ballad. You can't help but get all emotional! 


Well that's it! Tune in next Tuesday..err..Monday to see what comes on my shuffle! Hope you enjoyed!


Take care my lovelies, and remember to reach out to me on Twitter or Tumblr, or just leave a comment about what you think of my music taste, or recommend some music to me that you think I'd enjoy! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment